CrystalPlace ADA compliance
CrystalPlace is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities.
We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
CrystalPlace Inc. takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of CrystalPlace Web Store:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. CrystalPlace web store conformance with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformance means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data.
These are some ADA issues and the resolutions we have taken to ensure we are compliant:
- The images on our site are constantly worked on by adding some alternative text associated with them in the event they do not render on a device or the user is unable to see the image. The alternative text will then clearly describe what that element is. Without that text, some of the screen readers will not understand what information is being presented, and thats why is important to us to help all of our customer base by making these changes.
- The colors on our site for important elements like buttons and links are enhanced to have enough contrast so that is not hard for users with vision problems to discern what the button is and where it should go.
- We are also working constantly on various inputs for forms on our website to ensure that they have proper labels, so that it isn't hard for certain ADA devices to interpret their function.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of CrystalPlace Web Store. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on CrystalPlace Web Store:
- Phone: 1 (818) 789-9837
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: 14938 Delano St, Van Nuys CA 91411
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
CrystalPlace Web Store is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- browser X with assistive technology Y on operating system Z
CrystalPlace Web Store is not compatible with:
- browsers older than 3 major versions" or "Mobile operating systems older than 5 year
Accessibility of CrystalPlace Web Store relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of CrystalPlace Web Store, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for CrystalPlace Web Store:
- Comments from users: uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 10 business days. Please report any issue if you encounter an issue.
- Archived documents: might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request within 3 business days. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
CrystalPlace Inc. assessed the accessibility of CrystalPlace Web Store by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
As we know that ADA compliance isn’t a set-it-and-forget-it thing. CrystalPlace will continue to follow compliance standards and will evolve just as our website does, to continue assuring everyone has access to our great offerings and that we can provide a pleasant experience for each individual that comes to our CrystalPlace Web Store.